The Furniture Bank of Central Ohio is a nonprofit whose mission is to provide furniture to central Ohio families and individuals struggling with poverty and other severe life challenges. Our team of staff and volunteers make a difference every day to families through scheduling donations, picking up donations, making deliveries, building furniture or raising important funds to support the mission. We invest in families and help them turn their empty houses into homes.
Development Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Engages and manages event participants to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals
- Coordinates event logistic needs
- Manages event website and FBCO website
- Process donations and manage donor database
- Create, maintain and enter information in Raisers Edge database
- Analyze and build reports from Raisers Edge database
- Create and research regular finance reports
- Weekly and monthly donor stewardship mailings
- Research, identify and track grant opportunities and assist with writing as needed
- Develops and creates regular social media content and creation for FBCO and for 3 social enterprises
- Develops and creates monthly email newsletter and semi-annual print newsletter
- Preparation of various correspondence, spreadsheets and donor reports
- Assist and support fundraising campaigns, copywriting, design, videography, photography as needed
- Assist with a variety of related projects and events
- Process outgoing and incoming mail
- Supports community outreach and engagement opportunities
- Collaboration with operations department to identify needs, initiatives and top donor opportunities
- Performs clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and customer service to callers and social media followers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Position works in a business casual office environment from 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Ideal candidate would be able to work an occasional weekend and evening event, have Raiser’s edge experience, be comfortable with social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) Be organized and detail-oriented. Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook, possess excellent writing skills. Be people-oriented and comfortable working with diverse individuals.
Development Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Strong phone presence
- Database management, Raisers Edge experience preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
Cooperation: Job requires working or acting together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit.
Independence: Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Concern for Others: Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Flexibility: Job requires being adaptable, open to change (positive or negative) and comfortable with considerable variety in the workplace.
Self-Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger and avoiding aggressive behavior even in very difficult situations.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of application addressing the qualifications for this position, current resume, and complete contact information for three potential references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application: Development Specialist” or via mail to:
Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
PO Box 164206
Columbus, OH 43216-4206
Attn: Development Specialist Hiring Manager