The Furniture Bank of Central Ohio is a nonprofit whose mission is to provide furniture to central Ohio families and individuals struggling with poverty and other severe life challenges. Our team of staff and volunteers make a difference every day to families through scheduling donations, picking up donations, making deliveries, building furniture or raising important funds to support the mission. We invest in families and help them turn their empty houses into homes.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Answers phone calls, schedules appointments for donation and delivery
- Greets clients, families and supports visitors
- Process donations and manage donor database
- Create, maintain and enter information in Raisers Edge database
- Analyze and build reports from Raisers Edge database
- Preparation of various correspondence, spreadsheets and donor reports
- Assist with a variety of related projects and events
- Process outgoing and incoming mail
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office
- Performs clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing information to callers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Position works in a business casual office environment from 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Ideal candidate would be able to work an occasional weekend and evening event, have Raiser’s edge experience, be comfortable with social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) Be organized and detail-oriented. Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook, possess excellent writing skills. Be people-oriented and comfortable working with diverse individuals.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Strong phone presence
- Attention to detail
- Database management, Raisers Edge experience preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-3 years administrative assistant experience
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
Cooperation: Job requires working or acting together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit.
Independence: Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Concern for Others: Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Flexibility: Job requires being adaptable, open to change (positive or negative) and comfortable with considerable variety in the workplace.
Self-Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger and avoiding aggressive behavior even in very difficult situations.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of application addressing the qualifications for this position, current resume, and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application: Administrative Assistant” or via mail to:
Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
PO Box 164206
Columbus, OH 43216-4206
Attn: Administrative Assistant Hiring Manager