Would you like to work at a career that is fast paced and allows you to give back to your community, helping those in need every day? If so, the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio has Furniture Mover positions open.
The Furniture Bank of Central Ohio has turned empty houses into homes for over 50,000 Central Ohio families since 1998 by collaborating with individuals, businesses, social services agencies and churches. We pick up gently used furniture, mattresses and household items then work with dozens of nonprofits, churches, social service agencies to help families living in poverty. Families visit the Furniture Bank to pick out 13 to 15 pieces of furniture- beds, dressers, tables, chairs and other household items at our one-stop shop warehouse, then have their furniture delivered the same day. We believe that no one deserves to sleep on the floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to offer legendary customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Collect furniture from Donors’ homes, both residential/individual Donors and Institutional Donors (hotels, motels, colleges and universities, etc.).
- Deliver furniture to Client’s homes, both inside and curbside as required
- Lift, carry, and load furniture weighing up to 100 pounds, onto box trucks for transport.
- Drive company vehicles including up to a 26 foot box trucks in a safe and courteous manner and operate material handling equipment.
- Re-stock, clean and organize the Client Warehouse, Showroom, Offsite Warehouse, as well as cross docking of trucks and operation of replenishment runs.
- Attention to detail.
- Complete daily paperwork including receipts, deliveries, and inventory transfers in a complete, legible, and timely manner.
- Work safely in a team environment towards common goals.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Previous furniture moving and/or warehousing experience preferred. Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If this sounds like you or someone you know please send a resume to kchesshir@furniturebankCOH.org.