Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.50 /hour ($27,040 to $34,320 per year)
Requirements: Valid Driver License (CDL not required)
To apply, contact Kevin at (614) 272-9544 or stop by our office for an application.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position requires excellent customer service and is responsible for all aspects of delivering furniture including loading, unloading, and driving of 16′ box trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must complete 90 days prior to advancement or have equivalent experience.
- Delivers furniture to Client’s homes, both inside and curbside as required within committed time frames, as well as bulk deliveries to other furniture banks and social service agencies as required.
- Lift, carry, and load furniture weighing up to 100 pounds, onto box trucks for transport to and from donor and client locations including up and down stairs.
- Drive company vehicles including up to 16-foot box trucks in a safe and courteous manner.
- Possess /Maintain a clean driving record.
- Re-stock, clean and organize the Client Warehouse, Showroom, as well as cross-docking of trucks and operation of replenishment runs.
- Answer questions for Clients, Case Managers, and partner agencies in a courteous and professional manner; helping them resolve issues when needed. Communicate with supervisors and Customer Service in difficult situations, when help is needed, and to provide status as requested.
- Complete daily paperwork including receipts, deliveries, and inventory transfers in a complete, legible, and timely manner.
- Work in a team environment towards common goals. Direct day laborers to complete assignments safely and efficiently, as needed.
- Assist clients with furniture selections and “walk-in” donations as directed.
- Operate material handling equipment, occasional forklift use.
- Transfer of items between locations
- Exposure to Driver II job duties in preparation for advancement.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.