The health, well-being, and safety of our families served, donors, volunteers, and staff continues to be a major focus. We are monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 virus and following the advice of Federal, State and Local government health officials. We are cautiously transitioning towards our previous service levels. Please continue to monitor our website for adjustments in services.
Here are several changes we are making regarding furniture donations:
- Effective 6/15/20 we are scheduling an expanded number of donation pickups in the community. Please request a pick-up or give us a call at 614-545-3838 to inquire. Free pick ups require all items be placed on the front porch or in the garage. Inside furniture pickups with a $25 fee paid in advance for 10 items or less that can be completed in less than 20 minutes
- We are accepting drop off donations on a limited basis at our Yale Avenue location. Donations will be accepted on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8:30 am and 1:30 pm.
- Our Downsize with a Heart service is up and running. We are available for larger clean out and donation services that take longer periods of time. This is a fee based service for those larger requests that include donation and/or disposal services. Please email Rob Rankin or call (614) 545-3844 to schedule an appointment.
With regards to serving families:
4. We are increasing the number of client furniture deliveries and hope to be at pre-pandemic levels by July 1st. However, our client showroom will remain closed. We want to avoid the spread of the virus so it is necessary for us to select the furniture for families and deliver it curbside. Email Lisa or call 614-545-3839 if you have questions. Clients will continue to be served in this manner until further notice.
5. Our Furniture with a Heart Thrift Store is open with limited hours. Social distancing measures and a mask will be required to enter the store. We have some great bargains…Please stop by!
6. Our NEW Lancaster Furniture with a Heart Thrift Store will be opening the week of 6/22! Please watch our site for further details.
With regards to Volunteers:
7. New opportunities for volunteers, including groups and individuals, are being planned with safety measures in place. We are currently looking for volunteers who can help us sort household items. We are also exploring ways to get our woodshop operational again. Please reach out to Galen if you have questions.
Please know that we will continue to adjust our services as needed and we ask that you continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
President of the Furniture Bank