The health, well-being, and safety of our families served, donors, volunteers, and staff is our top focus. We are continuing to monitor the spread and impact of COVID-19 virus and following the advice of Federal, State and Local government health officials. We are planning to begin slowly transitioning towards our previous service levels in May. Please continue to monitor our website for adjustments in services. We encourage you to take the necessary precautions for you and your family. Please know that our goal is to serve you the best we can in these challenging times.
Here are several changes we are making regarding furniture donations:
- Effective 5/11/20 we are scheduling an expanded number of donation pickups in the community. Please request a pick-up or give us a call at 614-545-3838 to inquire. For a free pick up it will be required that items be placed on the front porch or in the garage. Effective May 11th, we will begin a limited number of inside furniture pickups with a $25 fee paid in advance for 10 items or less that can be completed in less than 20 minutes
- Families we serve need a variety of furniture and household goods. We are accepting drop off donations on a limited basis at our Yale Avenue location. Donations will be accepted on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8:30 am and 1:30 pm beginning 5/4/2020 and will continue until further notice.
- Effective 5/18/20 we will begin our Downsize with a Heart service. We will be available for larger clean out and donation services that take longer periods of time. This is a fee based service for those larger requests that include donation and/or disposal services. Please contact Rob Rankin to schedule an appointment.
With regards to serving families:
4. We are slowly increasing the number of client furniture deliveries. However, our client showroom will remain closed. We want to avoid the spread of the virus so it is necessary for us to select the furniture for families and deliver it curbside. Email Lisa or call 614-545-3839 if you have questions. Clients will continue to be served in this manner until further notice.
5. Our Furniture with a Heart Thrift Store will open on 5/13/2020 with limited hours. Wednesday through Saturdays 10am to 6pm and Sundays 12pm to 6pm. We’re observing social distancing and increased cleaning. For the safety of our associates and all persons in our store, we are requiring customers to wear a mask. We will have them for purchase for $1 or customers can wear their own. We have some great bargains… please stop by!
6. Our NEW Lancaster Furniture with a Heart Thrift Store will be opening soon! We hope to open in late May or early June. Please stay tuned for further details.
With regards to Volunteers:
7. All volunteers, including groups and individuals, are temporarily canceled until further notice.
Please know that we will continue to adjust our services as needed and we ask that you continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
President of the Furniture Bank