The health, well-being, and safety of our families served, donors, volunteers, and staff continues to be a major focus. We are monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 virus and following the advice of Federal, State and Local government health officials. We are safely balancing our duty to fulfill our mission while respecting the health and safety of our staff and those we serve.
UPDATE: In accordance with CDC and local guidelines, masks are now OPTIONAL and no longer required at Furniture Bank locations as of March 7, 2022. Subject to change.
Here are the latest updates regarding furniture donations:
1. We are continuing to schedule donation pick-ups in the community. Please request a pick-up or give us a call at 614-545-3838 to inquire. Outside pick-ups, where items can be placed on the porch or in a garage, are free. Inside pick-ups of 10 items or less have a $25 fee.
2. We are now offering disposal options to our furniture donors. If an item scheduled for donation pick-up does not meet our donation standards, we can dispose of it for you for a nominal fee. Call 614-545-3838 for more details.
3. We are accepting drop-off furniture donations at 118 S Yale Avenue on Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
4. Our Downsize with a Heart service is up and running, which offers donation and disposal services for large or longer jobs. Please email Rob Rankin or call (614) 545-3844 to learn more or schedule an appointment.
With regards to serving families:
5. We are now accepting in-person client appointments. We are also continuing to provide furniture to local families by making selections on their behalf. Email Lisa or call 614-545-3839 if you have questions.
With regards to volunteers:
6. Volunteer opportunities are open! Currently, we offer group, partner, and individual opportunities in Columbus and Lancaster. Please reach out to Galen to schedule a volunteer opportunity or learn more.
Masks are optional as of March 7, 2022. Please know that we will continue to adjust our policies and opportunities as needed.
With regards to our thrift stores:
7. Our Furniture with a Heart Thrift Stores in Columbus and Lancaster are safely operating 7 days a week with masks optional as of March 7, 2022. Stop in to find affordable furniture, home goods, clothing, and more. Every purchase benefits the Furniture Bank and helps supply furniture to local families in need.
President of the Furniture Bank