The health, well-being, and safety of our families served, donors, volunteers, and staff is our top focus. We are diligently monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 virus and following the advice of Federal, State and Local government health officials. Please know that we will be making regular adjustments to our services, operations, and staffing models in this rapidly changing environment. We encourage you to take the necessary precautions for you and your family. Please know that our goal is to serve you the best we can in these challenging times.
Here are several changes we are making:
- Families we serve need mattresses. To help meet this immediate need for mattresses, we will begin accepting drop off furniture donations on a limited basis at our Yale Avenue location. Donations that include a mattress will be accepted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 8:30 am and 11:30 am beginning 3/31/2020 and will continue until further notice.
- We are scheduling a limited number of client furniture deliveries. If you have a person or family in serious need of furniture we will try to serve them. However, we want to avoid the spread of the virus so it is necessary for us to select the furniture for families and deliver it curbside. Just contact Lisa at 614-545-3839 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Clients will continue to be served in this manner until further notice.
- Effective 3/24/2020 furniture donation pickups will be temporarily paused. Please click here to sign up to receive an email when we resume donation pickups.
- Our Furniture with a Heart Thrift Store is temporarily closed.
- All volunteers, including groups and individuals, are temporarily canceled until further notice.
- The Furniture Bank Bed Race scheduled for May 2nd is postponed until a later date.
Please know that we will continue to adjust our services as needed and we ask that you continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
President of the Furniture Bank
We Help 23 Families Every Day.
Working with agencies and non-profits, we help people affected by homelessness, mental illness, and lack of sufficient employment. To keep pace with the need, our showroom changes over every day.
More than 300 pieces of furniture are given away every day at the Furniture Bank
Many families select up to 20 pieces of furniture on their visit.
The average family receives up to $1,400 worth of goods from the Furniture Bank.
With Everything Going On In Our Lives, This Could Not Have Come At A Better Time.
Turning Empty Houses into Homes Requires Lots of Support.
We believe our mission is to turn empty houses into homes. To date, many individuals and organizations have partnered with us to deliver furniture to Central Ohioans in need.
The need is still great. To continue to serve our city, we need more help than ever before.
made monetary donations
shared their time & talents
with government, social, and religious agencies
What’s New at the Furniture Bank