The Families We Serve
The Furniture Bank of Central Ohio provides furniture to families and individuals struggling with poverty and who are financially unable to afford their own new or used furniture.
- 87% earn less than $18,000 per year
- 95% report annual household earnings of less than $24,000
- Nearly 23% are previously homeless / escaping homelessness
WE HELP THOSE THAT HAVE EMPLOYMENT CHALLENGES CREATED BY ONE OR MORE OF THESE SITUATIONS:
- Single parent household with child(ren)
- Physical disability or disease
- Mental disability or disease
- Criminal record or prior incarceration
- History of substance abuse
- Minimal job skills or training
- No longer able to work due to age
WE ALSO HELP THOSE WITH OTHER LIFE CHALLENGES INCLUDING:
- Recent relocation
- Domestic violence or abuse
- Death or divorce in the family unit
- Need to support extended family financially
The goal of Furniture Bank of Central Ohio is for all central Ohio families to live in furnished homes, thereby strengthening family units, improving quality of life and building a better community.
If you are an individual or family in need, ask your social service agency case manager to make an appointment for you to get furniture at the Furniture Bank. If you have furniture that you would like to donate, Contact us to schedule a pick-up.