Frequently asked questions
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”What items do you accept?” icon=”caret”]
These items qualify for a free pickup
- BEDROOM – Mattresses, Box Springs (with a mattress), Dressers
- LIVING ROOM – Sofas, Loveseats, Stuffed Chairs
- KITCHEN – Kitchen Tables, Kitchen Chairs
- APPLIANCES– Washers, Dryers (electric only), Refrigerators, and Stoves
Items must be clean and in good working order.
We also accept other household items
- Living Room Tables
- Night Stands
- Bed Frames (with a mattress and box spring)
- TV Stands or entertainment centers
- Dishes, plates, silverware and kitchen utensils
- Glassware, cups and coffee mugs
- Pot and pans, bakeware
- Sheets, blankets, towels and pillows
- Table Linens
- Small appliances- microwaves, toasters, coffee makers, hot plates, etc.
items WE DO NOT ACCEPT
- Worn furniture with rips, tears, stains, or visible pet hair.
- We cannot repair or clean item- items must be in good working order and clean.
- We do not accept waterbeds or platform beds.
- We cannot accept donations from insect-infested homes or buildings
- We are not accepting large or metal desks
- We do not accept exercise equipment, holiday decorations, or knick-knacks.
- We no longer are able to accept cribs or car seats due to safety concerns.
- Gently used, ready to use, no repairs needed. No rips, tears, stains, or tape patches.
- No pet hair, bed bugs, fleas, cockroaches, evidence of mice or other rodents or exposure to other health risks, etc.
- No disassembly provided – items must be dis-assembled.
- Appliances must be working, with all parts and must be clean.
- Refrigerators must be plugged in for 24 hours prior to pick up.
- No built in appliances or dishwashers.
- All furniture and baby items must be SAFE! We do not accept recalled or damaged items.
- We reserves the right to refuse any items deemed unsuitable for its clients. [/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”When can I get a pickup?” icon=”caret”]
We schedule pick ups based on your zip code
We are currently filling pick up appointments about two weeks out and schedule on a first come, first serve basis. End of year donations should be scheduled at least two weeks before 12/31. If we are unable to schedule a pick up, you are more than welcome to bring the items to our warehouse.See the chart below for your pick-up day. We also offer priority and Saturday pickups for a fee.
[su_row] [su_column size=”1/2″]
[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″]
[/su_column] [/su_row] [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”More Information” icon=”caret”]
- We do ALL the heavy lifting because our professional staff removes the furniture from your home or storage location and puts it onto our truck.
- Enjoy a three hour window for your pickup with an optional 30-minute call-ahead confirmation. We’ll call you the afternoon before to confirm our planned arrival.
- A tax receipt is provided at the time of pickup. The Furniture Bank is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Please consult with your tax professional for tax deduction details.
- Drop off your donations at our facility, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm at 118 S Yale Ave, Columbus, OH 43222
- On occasion, we may choose to sell your donated furniture to help fund our work. But we never sell more than 6% of all furniture donations received as helping families in need is our top priority.
- Just Need Help with Removal of Household Items You No Longer Need? If you have items that we cannot accept for donation, but just want to get rid of, we would be happy to refer you to a well-regarded local service that will be happy to provide a quotation for coming to pick up these items from your home. Simply call us and ask for their phone number or web site address. [/su_spoiler]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Priority Service” icon=”caret”]FOR FAST AND EASY PICK-UP, TRY OUR PRIORITY SERVICE
Click here for more information
- FEE BASED – Columbus and surrounding suburbs (up to 16 miles from 118 S Yale Ave) – Includes first 20 furniture items.
- ADDITIONAL FEES MAY APPLY FOR MORE THAN 20 ITEMS AND GREATER THAN 16 MILES
- Pickups greater than 16 miles (30 miles maximum; as calculated with Google Maps), or more than 20 items, please call for custom quote. [/su_spoiler] [/su_accordion]